Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Kiss

**Dedicated to Tony and Brandon**

I really only had one story in mind when I started His Man Friday. I wanted to watch these two "straight" men wander through the bounds of their own sexuality and find their way to their mutual attraction with each other. The trip was very revealing; and a bit confusing to Dave but he didn't exactly put up a fuss about it.

As I noted in a previous blog, David came across as someone who's always been a bit sheltered. I envisioned him as having grown up in a small town in Kentucky, where sex was always on the vanilla side -- man and woman, missionary position, and no one knew about silk scarves, riding crops, and restraints. Gays were only seen on the news and not in a positive light. Not that David is homophobic by any stretch of the imagination, but...well, let's just call him naive. And as the story progresses, we learn that David has certain leanings that he's never thought about in himself before.

Rick is more worldly, more accepting of the nature of his sexuality. Rick is one of those lovely, rare people who just exude sexuality in copious amounts. To him, the joys of lovemaking burst through the bonds of gender politics into the realm of pleasure and sensuality. While he might see himself as mostly straight, he recognizes his bisexuality and revels in it. I knew someone very like Rick -- her name was Janie. A beautiful, waif of a girl, she was open with her love and gave it freely. Gender was unimportant. Only the love, the love making, the pleasure was important. She gave love and pleasure to anyone and to all. And if she hadn't been "engaged" to one of my dearest friends, I'd have taken her up on that offer. But as it was, I loved my friend more than my own carnality. To this day, I often think about her and wonder.

And that's Rick to a T. His need is to give pleasure, show his love and share it. In the beginning of His Man Friday, Rick has a very daring threesome with two women on his desk and I think it confused readers to see that. But I would ask you to read on, because Rick and David have their romantic tryst in a very exotic place. And, the male/male romance starts with the friendship and that too can be a seduction. With these two, it certainly was.

Thanks to my dearest friend Tony -- who wanted to read more stories about Rick and David -- I've found more plots for these two. And I assure you, there will be a very "happily ever after" for them.But in the meantime, I found this divine picture and this is exactly that tableau of Rick and David. That moment of reveling in their closeness, that awakening in David of the possibilities of lovemaking.


Ah, the glorious moment when you realize that making love is the whole mind/body/soul experience. I know you, of all, will understand.


With love,
Siobhan



No comments:

Post a Comment