Saturday, July 27, 2013

Fifty Shades of....

I have to admit that, yes, I read the Fifty Shades books. Say what you want about E. L. James' writing abilities and I probably won't argue with you -- it needed a lot of editing help. But one thing you can't deny is that it's a very well plotted story. There is a psychological angle woven into the romance of Ana Steele and Christian Grey. And it's that angle -- along with the taboo sex -- that captures us, that makes us want to read more.

Christian Grey is a wounded soul with more baggage than a set of Samsonite. His impossible beauty masquerades a torment inside that no woman can resist for long. And it's not a "maternal instinct" as some try to make it out to be. No, it's that love heals. And being in love with this beautiful man makes Ana want to heal that tortured soul, bring him back into the light. She may be the only one who sees past his "sadist/dominator" facade to the real Christian inside.

Which brings me back to the glory of these impossibly beautiful men. I'm lucky to have mine. And I'm about to go back to writing about one. Maybe that's what draws us to these stories about these men -- they're the fantasy. Who wouldn't want an impossibly beautiful lover, male or female, in their bed and to call their own?


If this impossibly beautiful man was yours...? I know what I'd be doing right now. 


With love,
Siobhan

 

No comments:

Post a Comment