Friday, July 26, 2013

Stand up and salute!

I have several wonderful friends who write contemporary romances about those dashing men in uniform -- Teresa Reasor and Kallypso Masters. You can find them under the tab of my Favorite Authors and I hope you'll explore their books. They are amazing authors. Kally writes wonderful BDSM stories about her lads. Teresa writes Military Romantic Suspense with an edge. If you want a good book that will wrap you up in the story and the characters, you could do far worse than these ladies.

I find it fascinating that these ladies emphasize the humanity of the brave men they write about. Too often, we have this vision of stoic soldiers who never show what they're really feeling, emotionally cut off from family and loved ones. All rigid and dogmatic. But the truth is, they really aren't. Like medical personnel, they have to bury what they're feeling in order to do the job they have taken on. It's a hard thing they do and we are all safer for them doing it.

So, in honor of those brave men -- and women; I won't forget you either -- this divine creature is dedicated to Teresa, Kallypso, and those who love the soldiers everywhere.


You know, I could most definitely serve him myself. Definitely packing in more ways than one. I'm saluting right now. How about you?

With love,
Siobhan



3 comments:

  1. God bless our men and women in uniform! And the family members who serve and sacrifice right along with them. I love writing about them and even though their ladies have to work harder to get past their defenses, man oh man, it's worth it to get at what makes these men tick.

    Thanks for the shout out to Teresa and me, Siobhan! All the best!

    Kally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, to paraphrase Mae West, is that a banana in his pocket, or is he just glad to see me?
    I agree about our men and women in uniform. We owe them a huge debt. Teresa and Kallypso are amazing authors and do a great job of showing the emotional vulnerability of their military characters. I hope anyone seeing this post who hasn't yet read their books will be kind to herself and get their books now!

    ReplyDelete