Saturday, August 3, 2013

Alpha to Omega -- and everything in between

The week flew by and I woke up this morning wondering where my head had been. Another day missed and I really feel terrible about that. But I know you forgive me and understand -- life has a funny habit of getting in the way sometimes. All is well, I promise. Just extremely busy.

My Beautiful Boy is out this weekend with his brother, gone hunting in the wilds. Which usually means they stop off somewhere for a cooler of good Scottish ale, another cooler of tasty tidbits, and they'll go set up camp somewhere and relax with no women around to curb their style. It's the only time they get to run around in their kilts in a place where they can be undisturbed and unfettered by society's mores or silly comments.

I happen to love my Beautiful Boy in his kilt. I think kilts are damned sexy, if you must know. There's a reason that Scottish men are the hottest ticket in town -- and you American blokes should pay heed to this. You see, there's nothing sexier than a man in his skin suit, his hips swathed in wool. As the divine Diana Gabaldon once put it, "A man in a kilt can have you up against the wall in the beat of his heart." Or the flip of his sporran.

And if you think there's the slightest bit of "nancy" in them, let me tell the story of another lot -- The Black Watch. Known for going into battle in their kilts, they had quite the reputation for viciousness and rabid ferocity in battle. In World War I, they earned the name of "The Ladies from Hell" quite honestly. These lads have been the pride of the Scottish and British empires since long before Culloden's battlefield, thank you.

Tell me you wouldn't follow that into battle...or bed.


With love,
Siobhan


No comments:

Post a Comment