Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Coming up for air!

The crisis is done at the day job. I can catch up on everything and just relax. In the meantime, still working on His Man Sunday and thought that maybe you'd like to see a raw excerpt. Just a short snippet.

* * * * * *


  Rick came along and in a very short time, changed all of that. He taught me how to be urbane, how to open up to the new possibilities of life. He taught me how to speak and act as a gentleman, how to dress like a gentleman. He stopped being my boss about twenty-four hours or so after I got hired. He became my mentor and my friend. Then, we took that fateful trip to Taipei and even that changed. We took that drive to the sex mall, took that steamy sauna alone, and took the step across a threshold that I had never planned to take in my life.
  I asked him about that once, kidding around really. You know, one of those questions that I just tossed out as a joke. “You sleep with all of your assistants? Hell of a job perk.”
  He looked at me, surprised at first, with his eyes real big and his mouth working, like he wanted to say something but he wasn’t sure how to say it. He chewed on it for a few seconds, the surprised look going away and another one taking its place. I wasn’t sure if I’d given him something to think about or if I’d just insulted him. Then the sweet smile lit up his face, the one that made every woman on the planet want to bone him until he was just a greasy spot on the pillow.
  “Dave,” he said. “I never wanted to sleep with my assistants. I paid them to do a job, not fuck the boss.”
  I wanted to ask ‘why me, then?’ but he had changed the subject and I never got the chance. When we’d finished the day’s work, he was off with Gisele and banging her in the pool. I had gone upstairs to do the same thing to Elyssa in the shower. We never touched each other, never looked at each other that way in the mansion. His rule, not mine. I just thought it had more to do with the women not knowing and I left it at that. For me, it was keeping a part of myself private and only mine. Either way, I didn’t quite understand what it was that made him approach me that day.

Available right now -- His Man Friday and His Man Saturday, from Amazon.com. 

 With love,
Siobhan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment