Saturday, October 26, 2013

An excerpt from _His Man Sunday_

Just for you, my darlings -- since I haven't posted in a bit.

I hope you'll enjoy this short scene between Rick and Dave. The first hint that there might be trouble in paradise...

   I stepped into the large tub, pulling the curtain around, and turned the spigot on. It wasn't my rain shower at home, but it was nice. The water poured over my skin, washing off the sticky emission of my climax. I was a bit sore from the vehemence of his lovemaking and it itched a little. 'Mine,' he'd kept muttering. What did that mean? I’d gotten the impression that Rick was a playboy at heart – many lovers, never one exclusive. He never kept a woman for long, never gave all of himself to anyone. I never saw him with other men, never got the impression that he was interested in having other male lovers. Or maybe he was just that discreet and I never would. So why was he all that concerned with my having another woman in my bed? And what was this ‘mine, mine’ shit all about?
   I stepped out of the shower and toweled off. I hadn’t thought to bring anything to wear and decided it wasn’t worth it anyway. I wet two washcloths and brought them back into the bedroom. Whatever was going on in his head, Rick needed something. I meant to find out what it was. And then, I meant to heal the hurt inside of him.
   He hadn't moved an inch other than to spread his arms out to his sides. The residue of our lovemaking glistened on his skin but he made no attempt to do anything about it. He was staring at the ceiling, unblinking, his mouth set in a firm line. His chest rose and fell in deep breaths that he held for a long time before releasing them. He looked lost, a condition that I had never seen Rick in and never expected to see. That was not the Rick I knew; this was not my friend. I felt a little lost myself.

*His Man Sunday is scheduled for release on November 4th through Amazon's Kindle book store. Make sure you get your copy for your Kindle, tablet, computer, or smartphone. And get all three of the stories in the His Man... series (His Man Friday and His Man Saturday)*

With love,
Siobhan



No comments:

Post a Comment