Saturday, September 9, 2017

The Final Story Edit Is Here!

I am super excited. I received the final story edit on Set A Man. You can imagine what my weekend is going to be spent doing. As soon as I've posted this, I'm off to start them.

Thankfully, Set A Man is only 72K words, give or take a few. I can take my time going over these edits and still have it done this weekend. Then, on to the copy editor. And I am on the road to the finished book.

Meanwhile, I've reached 25K words on To Watch All Night. Book two is going to be more of the romance than book one was.

My favorite chapter is when Tom realizes that he never really courted Sam. They fell into each other's arms because what was happening in book one. Tom wants to seduce her, romance her. Find their way to each other because of each other. Not because of the stress of the events. So, we'll see them get to know more about each other. And really fall in love.

I like it. The more I write, the more I like these two. She's spunky and independent. He's charming and urbane...and brave. So is she. She just doesn't believe it's in her. I'm going to try that in this book. I'm also going to be in his "Point of View" a lot. But I'm also getting to that part where I'll be looking through her eyes. But not yet. Soon enough.

Well, time to get to work.

With love,
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment