Friday, August 11, 2017

New Publisher? New work? New me.

I love writing. I really do. But the last two years stole that love from me. Life got hard. Life turned into a big mess. But finally, breathing room. And my love has returned.

I finally got my first book in two years done, Set A Man. And my publisher has changed. I'm now with Sjofn Press, a new publisher on the romance front. I thought, why not. Go out on the limb. With both of us promoting like crazy, this will have a great chance. Not that I didn't love my publisher, but this one is dedicated to romantic and erotica pursuits. A better fit, I think.  A new start on a new footing. 

I kept meaning to come in here while I was working that first draft and blog about the daily writing. Forgive me for that. I was just so excited that the words were flowing again that I didn't even think about it. I bent my head over the keyboard of the lap top and went to town. But it's done. And the rewrite. And now, the manuscript is off to the "nannies", as I call them. The Alpha Readers, who will look over every aspect of the story and the formatting.

I'm excited but I'm scared. I know it's always down to a matter of opinion, but I trust these people to know what they're doing, what they're talking about. To catch the little inconsistencies that I didn't catch the first time. To tell me what could use a little more and what could use a little less. Suggest where to cut and where to add. They have only the story's best interests in mind. But it still scares me. What if they say it stinks? Hard place to be with such a thing. Even though I want the truth, I still worry.



I love it. I do. I think it's great. I think the plot moves, the romance is there, action and sex. I love it. I just want everyone else to love it too. And recommend to their friends and then their friends recommend to their friends and so on and so on. I don't want much, do I? She asked with a knowing smile.

And I believe in it enough to start book two in the series, To Watch All Night. I'll try to remember to blog that journey. I promise. Until then...


With Love,
Siobhan

No comments:

Post a Comment